School of Medicine
5/06/2020 | 3:30 p.m.
As we transition back to in-person working and learning, the University will closely follow guidance on how to do so safely from federal, state and local government and health professionals. The situation will continue to be monitored and further decisions on how we will proceed will be communicated as they become available.
Universal Rules and Expectations
- Individuals who are sick, running a fever, or have a cough, may not enter the building
- Cover your mouth and nose when outside of your office, study area or cubicle.
- Exercise good hand hygiene
- Cough into elbow
- Practice safe social distancing
- Clean and disinfect work surfaces
- The MUSM Library will remain accessible 24 hours per day by Bear Card. Staff availability will be limited.
- Tutor sessions, academic sessions, exams, and assignments will continue as planned. Faculty and staff will remain available by email, phone, and ZOOM. Students should monitor Mercer University email for updates as they become available.
- Dates for transitioning back to campus will vary based on program and year of study. Students should be in contact with their program director for specific instructions.
- All student emails regarding the official status of the School of Medicine will come from the Dean’s office with approval of Senior Administration.
Faculty and Staff
- Tutorial groups will meet via ZOOM.
- Testing will be unproctored and held away from campus unless dictated by an outside authority like the NBME. If a test requires proctoring, it will be conducted via ZOOM.
- All meetings between faculty and staff should be conducted via ZOOM—even those individuals reporting to work on campus.
CAPS Services Hours Via Telehealth
(Telehealth is available to MUSM regardless of campus.)
8:30am – 5:00pm
Help us stop rumors and trust official sources of information only! All information for MUSM should come through an official update or can be found on this website. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Colquitt at firstname.lastname@example.org or Glenda Grant at email@example.com.
Help Stop Rumors… Seek the Truth… Email us Your Questions
Community Medicine Issues
- Tori Culpepper firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Contact Information
- Mercer University Student Health Clinic (non-Corona Symptoms): (478) 301-2696
- Corona Virus Hotline (symptoms of Corona Virus): (478) 301-SICK
Office of Academic Affairs
- James Knapp
- Office: (912) 721-8210
- Mobile: (409) 539-8771
- Jimmy Colquitt
- Office: (478) 301-2350
- Mobile: (478) 845-0621
Office of Student Affairs
- Alice House
- Office: (706) 223-5179
- Mobile: (478) 258-1573
- Candi Nobles-James
- Office: (478) 301-2531
- Mobile (478) 228-7678
- Robert Shelley
- Office: (912) 721-8146
- Mobile: (912) 657-7510