Atlanta Research Conference
Mercer University’s Atlanta Research Conference began in 2011 as a “desire to encourage and inspire students and faculty to become more involved in research activities as well as provide a venue where they can share their findings.”
The eleventh annual Atlanta & Regional Academic Centers Research Conference will take place on Saturday April 10th, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The 2021 Conference will be virtual, hosted via Zoom.
Registration is required to attend the Virtual Conference. Registration is simple and is open to all faculty/students who would like to attend!Click Here to Register for the 2021 Conference
The virtual conference on April 10th will include:
- Student Showcase Presentations: Students representing seven different colleges and disciplines will present the varied research projects they are engaged with across our campus and centers.
- Professional Development Seminars: Research-focused talks on important topics and best practices for engaging in research at Mercer. Seminars will include topics related to Mercer IRB and many more. Specific seminars and presenters include:
- Using NVivo – Dr. Carol Isaacs
- IRB at Mercer – Dr. Ava Chambliss Richardson
- Using MTurk for Data Collection – Dr. Kathleen Bazile
- How to Choose Psychometric Instruments – Dr. Justus Randolph”
- Book Discussion Forum: This year’s featured book is Think Again by Adam Grant, Professor of Organizational Psychology at UPenn’s The Wharton School. Dr. Grant’s research focuses on ways to inspire individuals to rethink fundamental assumptions about motivation, generosity, and creativity. Each week leading up to the conference we will read a section of the book and reflect on a series of discussion questions. During the Conference, faculty and students have the option to join the group open-forum for a discussion of ways to apply Dr. Grant’s research findings to our various disciplines. Purchase the book, watch Dr. Grant’s TED talk introduction on the habits of original thinkers, and join our conversation!
- Poster Presentation Highlights: Posters for the 2021 Conference represent faculty and student research occurring across seven different colleges/disciplines at the Atlanta campus and Regional Academic Centers. Given the virtual format for 2021, posters with optional audio/video narratives are hosted through the Mercer University Research, Scholarship, and Archives(URSA), with different colleges posters highlighted in the days leading up to the Conference. Posters will also be recognized during the event on April 10th. Click the links below to browse the 2021 poster presentations, separated by highlight date and colleges.
For more information about Mercer’s Atlanta Research Conference, contact Dr. Cameron Miller, Assistant Professor of Psychology and Atlanta Research Conference Chair, at 678.547.6009 or email@example.com.
Poster Proposal Submissions
Poster Proposals for the 2021 Atlanta and Regional Academic Centers Research Conference are open and will be accepted until Friday March 12th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
A complete proposal submission includes the following:
- Name and email of presenter
- Name of co-author (if applicable)
- Title and abstract of submission
- Presenter’s school/college affiliation (department information requested where appropriate)
Important conference dates:
Friday, March 12, 2021 – Conference submission link closes
Friday, March 19, 2021 – Accepted proposals notified
Saturday, April 10, 2021 – Atlanta & Regional Academic Centers Research Conference
General aim and format:
- A poster is a graphically based approach to presenting research. When presenting with a poster, aim to use the poster as a means for generating active discussion of the research.
- Limit the text to about one-fourth of the poster space, and use visuals such as graphs, photographs, schematics, maps, etc. to tell your “story.”
Audio/Video Recording specifications:
- Details to be announced
Conference Planning Committee
College of Professional Advancement
Dr. Cameron Miller, Chair
Dr. Morgan Kiper Riechel
Dr. Wesley Barker
Dr. Laurie Lankin
Dr. Kevin Williams
Dr. Dina Schwam
Dr. Awatef Ben Ramadan
Dr. Jackie Stephen
Dr. Vik Baskaran
Dr. Karen Rowland
Prof. Ming Hii
College of Pharmacy
Dr. Nader Moniri
College of Health Professions
Prof. Erin Lepp
Georgia Baptist College of Nursing
Dr. Tara Bertulfo
Tift College of Education
Dr. Robert Helfenbein