COVID-19 Fall 2021 Plans
A summary of University policies, procedures and resources
Updated: 8/12/2021 • 3:30 p.m.
Mercer University places a priority on the safety and well-being of its students, faculty, staff and visitors.
The University continues to encourage personal responsibility through the “Bears Care” initiative to mitigate the risks of spreading the coronavirus. The following protocols will be implemented during the Fall 2021 Semester.
- Testing for students and employees with COVID-19 symptoms. Learn More
- Symptoms screening for vaccinated students and employees. Learn More
- Testing and screening for unvaccinated students and employees. Learn More
- Required COVID-19 vaccinations for students in health science programs with clinical experiences. Learn More
- Required vaccination for all Mercer University-approved international travel. Learn More
- An updated campus vaccination and mask policy. Learn More
- An on-campus COVID-19 testing processing lab. Learn More
- Special accommodations for students who need to be isolated. Learn More
- An on-campus Campus Health Center available to all students with a 24/7 COVID-19 hotline. Learn More
- Enhanced sanitizing and disinfecting protocols and hand sanitizing stations in all facilities. Learn More
- Enhanced safety protocols for student events and organizations. Learn More
- Signage across all campuses with reminders about healthy practices. Learn More
Mercer University will continue to monitor current conditions and new guidance from public health and infectious disease experts. Safety measures may evolve as conditions warrant.