Required COVID-19 Testing For All Macon Traditional Undergraduate Students
December 14, 2020
Required COVID-19 testing for all Macon traditional undergraduate students before moving into student housing or starting classes. Students may choose to be tested for COVID-19 off campus or upon arrival at Mercer University.
Option 1: Test Off Campus
Prior to your arrival on campus, we encourage you to be tested in your hometown on or after December 30. The COVID-19 test must be a PCR test. Email your test results to Mercer Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day prior to your move-in to University housing/Lofts or no later than noon on January 5 for commuters. Type “Macon Test” in the subject line of the email. Mercer Medicine will review your results and call you with next steps if you submitted a positive COVID-19 test.
If you submitted a negative COVID-19 test result, please follow these directions based on your housing:
- If you live in University housing, you must report to the University Center on January 2, 3, 4 or 5 from 8 a.m. – Noon or 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. to pick up your clearance card. You will then present your clearance card to the Housing staff in Connell Student Center Conference Room 2 to obtain your keys.
- If you are a new Lofts resident, you must report to the University Center on January 2, 3, 4 or 5 from 8 a.m. – Noon or 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. to pick up your clearance card, and then you will present the clearance card to Lofts personnel.
- If you are a returning Lofts resident, you will receive a clearance email. You do not need to present the clearance email to Lofts personnel. The Lofts office receives a complete list of cleared, returning residents.
- If you live off campus and commute to campus, you will receive a clearance email as confirmation of your submitted test result. You do not need to present the clearance email to anyone.
If off-campus test results are not submitted to Mercer Medicine by Noon on January 5, you must be tested on campus at Mercer Medicine.
Option 2: Test On Campus
You may choose to be tested on campus by Mercer Medicine on a designated day(s) from January 2-5 from 8 a.m. – Noon or 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. at Heritage Hall in the University Center.
Go to go.mercer.edu/covidappt to schedule your COVID-19 testing appointment with Mercer Medicine. Make sure you take your Bear Card and insurance information to your testing appointment.
If you live in University housing, the Office of Housing and Residence Life will provide check-in information.
- If you tested positive within the past 90 days, you will not be tested again prior to starting the semester. You will receive an email confirmation later in December. If you reside in University housing or if you are a new Lofts resident, you must report to the University Center on January 2, 3, 4 or 5 from 8 a.m. – Noon or 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. to pick up your clearance card. You will present the clearance card to Housing or Lofts personnel. If other symptoms have developed recently, please contact the Student Health Center 24/7 COVID-19 hotline at (478) 301-7425.
- If it has been over 90 days since you tested positive for COVID-19, you will need to be retested prior to the spring semester. Follow the directions above for your testing options.
- If you are tested on campus on January 6, your results are not guaranteed by the first day of class on January 7.
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19, the University has designated isolation rooms and has made accommodations to ensure continuity of academic instruction.
- Please remember that Macon traditional undergraduates DO NOT complete the COVID-19 screening survey.
You must receive clearance by Mercer Medicine in order to return to campus, move into University housing, and attend classes.
We encourage you to follow these instructions within the specified timeline so that we can welcome all of you back to campus safely. If you have a question about COVID-19 testing, please contact the Student Health Center 24/7 COVID-19 hotline at (478) 301-7425. Other procedural questions may be sent to the Office of the Provost at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in the spring semester!