Required COVID-19 Screening Survey For All Other Returning and Incoming Students
December 14, 2020
The health and well-being of our students, faculty and staff remains our top priority. As a Mercer family, we must all do our part to uphold and adhere to established protocols to respect others and support the health and safety of all Mercerians and visitors.
Prior to beginning spring semester classes, all returning and incoming students must complete a brief, COVID-19 screening survey. Exceptions to this survey are Macon traditional undergraduates, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, and Physical Therapy students, and students living in Atlanta student housing, who are required to be tested.
The survey will be open December 30 – January 5. Students who do not complete the survey will not be allowed to attend spring classes.
The survey, which opens when you log in to your MyMercer account, will guide you through actions you need to take, or can take, based on your responses. In summary, these are:
- Students may be required to be tested for COVID-19, depending on survey responses. Regardless of survey results, any student may request and be tested for COVID-19 at the Student Health Center.
- Students either required or choosing to be tested have two options:
- Schedule a COVID-19 test through the Mercer Medicine from January 2-5 on either the Atlanta or Macon campus. Go to go.mercer.edu/covidappt to schedule your COVID-19 testing appointment with Mercer Medicine. Make sure you take your Bear Card and insurance information to your testing appointment. Mercer Medicine will inform you of the results and issue clearance to begin classes.
- Choose to be tested off campus December 30 – January 5. The COVID-19 test must be a PCR test. Email your test results to Mercer Medicine at email@example.com by Noon on January 5. In the subject line of the email, type “Macon Test” (for Macon, Savannah, and Columbus students) or type “Atlanta Test” (for Atlanta, Henry, and Douglas students). Be sure to include your full legal name and your MUID in the body of the email. If off-campus test results are not submitted to Mercer Medicine two days prior to your start, you must be tested on campus at Mercer Medicine, which may cause a delay in your start.
- If you tested positive within the past 90 days, you will not need to be tested again prior to starting the semester. You will receive an email confirmation later in December. If other symptoms have developed recently, please contact the Student Health Center 24/7 COVID-19 hotline at (478) 301-7425.
- If it has been over 90 days since you tested positive for COVID-19, you may be retested prior to the spring semester. Follow the directions above for your testing options.
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19, the University has designated isolation rooms and has made accommodations to ensure continuity of academic instruction.
You must receive clearance by Mercer Medicine in order to return to campus, move into University housing, and attend classes. We encourage you to follow these instructions within the specified timeline so that we can welcome all of you back to campus safely. If you have a question about COVID-19 testing, please contact the Student Health Center 24/7 COVID-19 hotline at (478) 301-7425. Other procedural questions may be sent to the Office of the Provost at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in the spring semester!