COVID-19 Fall Plans
A summary of University policies, procedures and resources
Updated: 8/17/2020 • 9 a.m.
Mercer University places a priority on the safety and well-being of its students, faculty, staff and visitors.
To mitigate the risks of spreading the novel coronavirus, Mercer is encouraging personal responsibility through the “Bears Care” initiative, as well as implementing the following additional measures, which will evolve as conditions warrant and as new guidance is received from infectious disease experts in the Mercer School of Medicine:
- Providing every student, faculty and staff member with a “Bears Care Kit” that includes:
- Mercer cloth mask
- Two-ounce bottle of hand sanitizer
- Digital thermometer
- Bears Care lapel pin
- Sticker with Student Health Center hotline number and list of COVID-19 symptoms
- Information card on proper mask usage and personal hygiene tips
- “Bears Care” pledge card to promote personal responsibility
- Learn More
- A condensed fall calendar to reduce travel-associated breaks. Learn More
- Required COVID-19 testing for all Macon traditional undergraduate students before moving into student housing or starting classes.
- A COVID-19 screening process by Mercer Medicine for all other returning and incoming students, as well as faculty and staff. Learn More
- An on-campus COVID-19 testing processing lab. Learn More
- Special accommodations for students who need to be isolated. Learn More
- An on-campus Student Health Center available to all students with a 24/7 hotline and access to leading infectious disease experts in the School of Medicine. Learn More
- Enhanced sanitizing and disinfecting protocols in all facilities. Learn More
- Reconfigured classrooms and other spaces to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Mandatory face coverings in all classrooms, laboratories and common spaces. Learn More
- Additional hand sanitizing stations throughout our campuses. Learn More
- Modified food service to incorporate additional safety protocols and options. Learn More
- Enhanced safety protocols for student events and organizations. Learn More
- Signage and posters across all campuses with reminders about social distancing and healthy practices. Learn More